UPDATE Jan 5:
UPDATE Jan 3:
All of our initial shipment is put together and tested. I had a chance to take two of them around the block and up a decent hill. My first impressions from below hold true: the bikes are quality products.
- The Paris 48V cruiser feels luxurious and smooth (but with some powerful acceleration), comes with a nice cargo rack, a quick-adjust handlebar, and front suspension with lockout.
- The Vermont 48V mountain bike feels powerful as well, but feels built for a more traditional mountain biking experience. It had no problem with the hill at the shop, even without me pedaling.
- The Paris 250W entry-level cruisers feel similar to the Paris 48V overall, but with noticeable difference in power and extra features. The bikes are a great value for their $999 price tags, and include a locking, removable, 24V lithium ion battery pack.
- The Wild Goose electric fat bikes feel big and wide as their name implies! They use a square-wave controller which gives them this awesome ‘vroom’ sound as they run. They are sturdy and large and are a lot of fun to ride. I got a chance to ride this up the big hill at the shop and it had no trouble but needed pedal assistance.
- The Aresenal folding full suspension bike is the perfect commuter. It has the perks of a mid-level full suspension, folds in half for easy transport or storage, hides the battery in the tube for maximum efficiency, and doesn’t weigh a ton like some other bikes do.
Full tests, video, and pictures, coming soon!
ORIGINAL: I’m proud to announce that our first shipment of electric bicycles has arrived from Daymak! We have four of them put together and tested so far. I intend to have the rest done over the weekend, plus photos and video for you.
My first impressions are very positive. I found the bikes to be well-built and designed. The paint, parts, look, and feel all pass my personal standards for a higher-quality item for the price. I see the manufacturer has used quality, reliable parts from known manufacturers, such as Suntour, Shimano, and Bafang.
I rode each of the bikes briefly and indoors on clean, level ground. I found the acceleration and feel to be fast and fun. I will test more on the hills right outside the building over the weekend in the nice, dry weather.
Thanks for reading and watching!